When installing your pellet stove there are several things that you should keep in mind and consider before you actually begin the installation. Taking care to install your pellet stove correctly will ensure that you, your family, and your home are safe. In addition, properly installing your pellet stove guarantee that you get the most efficient performance from your stove and help to prolong the life of the individual stove components.
Keep the following things in mind when you plan your installation:
- It is always best to have a minimum of 5' of vertical pipe, and we actually recommend 7' or more.
- Check with local building or fire officials for any additional installation or permitting requirements.
- Use only quality materials from known manufacturers and distributors.
- It is best to have the unit vented on the low pressure side of the house. This is the side opposite of prevailing winds.
- Flex pipe is only approved for use inside of a masonry fireplace.
- Eliminate as much horizontal pipe and elbows as possible.
- Use the same size pipe diameter for your entire exhaust system.
- Do not plug the stove into a GFCI socket or circuit.
- Always use a quality surge protector.